Do you know that according to a study by UNICEF, women do 66% of the world’s work but earn only 10% of the world’s income yet they reinvest 90% of their income into family and community. Empowering African women and recognizing their contribution and role in the Continent’s future economic transformation and social development is imperative. To enhance Africa’s growth, there is need for more African women to lead, create jobs, and produce goods and services.
The Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) is a premier, pan-African conference and exhibition event that will bring together an exclusive group of thought leaders, women entrepreneurs and women in business, investors, MSMEs, international development organizations, NGOs, CSOs, trade missions, foundations, governments and policy makers, the private sector and media. It provides a platform that will showcase deliberations around the role that African women play in shaping the continent’s economic future, the challenges and constraints they face, and to proffer solutions.
AWIEF brings together local and international women with an interest in social entrepreneurship, innovation and economic opportunities from diverse sectors; women who share a common interest to improve their lives, to be recognized and celebrated for their achievements; women who want to help other women develop the skills and knowledge needed to be self-sufficient and successful themselves.
The Awief Forum will kick off with a Pre-conference on the 7th of September and then the main event and Exhibition on the 8th-9th of September.
7 SEPTEMBER 2015 – PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOPS
Position yourself as an Entrepreneur. Attend a Pre-Conference Workshop and upgrade your business skills
- Full-day Pre-Conference Workshops delivered by a faculty of distinguished academics, successful entrepreneurs, and business management experts
- As an aspiring entrepreneur, you will be inspired, enabled, and empowered with the right tools to launch and grow your new business
- As young and emerging business owners, you gain better understanding of yourselves as entrepreneurs, your motivations, roles and key responsibilities
- As a participant, you are set on the part to wealth-building and independence
- AWIEF Workshops will impact both functional knowledge and an entrepreneurial mind-set reminiscent of leaders.
8 & 9 SEPTEMBER 2015 – CONFERENCE & EXHIBITION
AWIEF will showcase work delivered by inspirational African women from Boardroom to Grassroots. Business leaders from across the Continent and diverse sectors will develop new ideas and partnerships, and proffer solutions. Learn about innovative ideas, approaches and solutions to better foster the empowerment of African women and unleash their full potential for business success and entrepreneurship. You have an excellent opportunity to meet and network with successful and powerful women business leaders and gain from their invaluable insights.
Who Should Attend?
- Established women entrepreneurs
- Aspiring women entrepreneurs
- Social entrepreneurs and social innovators
- Governments and policy makers
- Private sector
- MSME promotional agencies/organizations
- Business development service providers
- NGOs, CSOs, trade & industry associations
- UN agencies and other international organizations
- Multilateral and bilateral organizations
- Foreign Missions in Africa
- Domestic and international funding agencies and donors
To be part of the Awief Forum, Registration is required. Kindly REGISTER HERE
The Spread Media Business Blog is excited to be a Partner of this year’s AWIEF Forum. Stay close for details about this Conference and Exhibition for Women.