What does it take to be a Female Entrepreneur in Nigeria? Stressful you meant say. Coupled with the fact that you could combine running your Business with working 9-5 and also most importantly raising a family. What if I whisper to you that running a Business can be smooth-sailing as long as you have a support system made up of people like you
Now I’ve got your attention! Then you’ve really got to know about The Ruby Entrepreneurs.
This quote explains better,
Girls compete with Each Other. Women Empower Each Other
WHO ARE THE RUBY ENTREPRENEURS
The Ruby Entrepreneurs is a platform for providing support for Women in Business and Startups. This unique community of women strives to build strategies, support ambitions and attain business goals
Founded in January 2013 by Peniel Chris-Enwenwen, she noticed the challenges faced by women in attracting funding for their existing businesses and new commercial ideas. She decided to bring women together starting with ten (10) pioneer members; this group has since grown to over 30 registered members and over 1000 social media audience….and counting. The membership cuts across all facets of business which include but are not limited to Fashion Design, Catering, Jewelry, Makeup & Cosmetics, Farming, Fashion, Retail and Wholesale, Event Management, Business Management etc.
It’s mission is to mobilize women, empower and inspire them to create and grow businesses that can compete with global standards. The group has set up different strategies, by which they can build, educate and inspire each member to grow. Such strategies are through its Monthly Business Meetings and Workshops. Every month, the members gather to discuss the challenges of their businesses, tackle them and plan for the future.
PROJECTS & ACTIVITIES
In 2014, The Ruby Entrepreneurs successfully organized two (2) yard sales, which members actively participated in by selling their products, services and also made new connections. In July of 2014, a Skills Acquisition Program was also organized to empower young women in skills such as Bead making, bags, shoes, Ankara accessories and make-up. It was attended by 12 women from Port Harcourt, who are currently putting their skills to practice. A one-month fitness exercise challenge was also carried out in October of the same year to encourage women to stay fit and healthy. The group also has a platform which gives back to society.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO JOIN:
- Every woman who is in business; or planning to start a business.
- Every woman on a journey of self-discovery
- Every woman who is ready to invest in herself and reach for her dreams
- Access to funds: The strength of a business is getting access to funds to run it. With this knowledge the group has also set up a savings and loan corporative scheme which helps the members to save and have access to interest-free micro credit to fund their businesses.
- Access to FREE business ideas and solutions
- Access to quarterly business networking meetings and workshops
- Access to information on Private and Government grants, loans or micro-credit awarded to women entrepreneurs
- Access to information on competitions and benefits for entrepreneurs
- Support from group members
- Access to general knowledge on daily living and team building exercises
- Access to weekly inspirational business e-newsletters
HOW TO REGISTER:
Registration forms are available for N5,000 (five thousand naira, only) and this entitles you to full membership. A monthly due of N500 (five hundred naira only) is also mandatory for members
UPCOMING EVENTS FORECAST
- The Ruby Entrepreneurs UYO community inauguration
- The Ruby Entrepreneurs group business/holiday trip to Dubai in August, 2015
- The Ruby Entrepreneurs LAGOS community inauguration
- The Ruby Entrepreneurs 2015 Yard sales
- The Ruby Entrepreneurs 1st annual end of year event will hold on December 13th, 2015
The Spread Media Business Blog proudly supports The Ruby Entrepreneurs and would love you to be a part of the chapter closest to you.
For More Information about New Chapters, Call Peniel on 08084179864