The Road to Women’s Business Growth is a new initiative which will build the skills of women entrepreneurs in Nigeria. Implemented in partnership between Cherie Blair Foundation for Women, Exxon Mobil Foundation, EDC of Pan-Atlantic University and Emerging360, the project aims to support many women business owners to grow their enterprises and increase their access to finance. The project will be delivered via an innovative ‘blended learning approach’, which combines in-class learning with online e-modules.
The project will focus on providing support to women entrepreneurs through its two phased approach:
- 500 small business owners will be trained in financial literacy and investment readiness over six (6) weeks, including two classroom workshops and four weeks of e-learning (January – March 2016).
- 100 top performing women entrepreneurs (out of the 500) will receive intensive business support in the form of tailored business training and services and ongoing mentoring over six months (from May 2016).
How To Apply:
Step 1 – Check Your Eligibility
- Check that you are qualified to apply. See the section “Who can apply?” below.
Step 2 – Register
- Click here to register if you have not already done so
- You will receive a confirmation email from “Road to Growth Programme” with all the details you will need to log in.
Step 3 – Complete Application
- Once you have successfully registered, log in and click the “Start Application” button on the Start Application Tab on this page. To return to your application, click the “save and continue” button and come back to it at any time. Once you are done with your application, click on the “Submit” button at the end of the form to send it to us.
Step 4 – Keep Informed
- After the closing date you will be notified if you have been shortlisted for the next stage of the competition. Constantly check the Road to Growth Programme homepage for regular updates.
To be eligible for this program you need to:
- Own a business in Nigeria.
- Operate a business in a high-growth sector.
- Have 3 – 49 staff.
- Have an annual turnover of N3-20 million.
- Have English language fluency
- Have a business which has generated profit for at least 2 years.
- Have a strong desire and commitment to grow your business.
- Have basic computer literacy
- Have a need for additional investment and have had no previous access to formal financial services
- To apply, please follow step 2 and 3 above
- The deadline for application is 5pm on 10 December 2015. Applications will be evaluated as they arrive, and decisions made on a rolling basis. Places will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Thus, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
- Applications will not be considered once the recruitment of 500 women has been finalised for the program.
- Selection results will be announced in January 2016
For questions please contact Lola at Lfalokun@pau.edu.ng or call 08174583173.