Welcome to another exciting and inspiring post about young Nigerian Entrepreneurs that are taking charge and saying NO to Unemployment. The Second Season of The Nigerian Entrepreneur of The Day on the Spread Media Business Blog is still on. Today we will be sharing about a young lady whose love for making herself and people around her look good was all that was needed to ignite her Entrepreneurial Spirit. We Present to you Our Nigerian Entrepreneur of The Day: Abimbola Ibiwunmi Bello of Glossy Makeovers.
Tell us! What’s your Story??
My name is Abimbola Ibiwunmi Bello a.k.a “Glossy Mama”. The zeal to always see my friends and former course mates look good brought out the entrepreneurial drive in me. Back then in school, students would always make complimentary remarks about my personal makeup, and they would also ask me how I managed to wear a makeup for longer hours. Often, I would say that it’s in me to make a good look. Again, anytime, my friends and neighbors had parties to attend, or even lectures, they would rush to my room so that I give them some makeup touch.
However, I had started as a hair stylist before I discovered my passion for makeup. Hair styling really helped in knowing quite a number of people back then in school; and most of them are my makeup clients now because of the belief they have in me.
For me, it was only natural to go the way of my passion. At some point, I had to attend a short makeup training programme in order to work on my skills and remain competitive in the Beauty Business. That basically, was what gave me the enthusiasm to become an entrepreneur.
- Full Names: Abimbola Ibiwunmi Bello
- Date of Birth: 2nd of April
- Education: BSc Industrial & Labour Relations
- Hobbies: Dancing
- Name of Business: GlossyLook Makeovers
- Main Services of Business: Makeup|Gele setting|Bridal-hair|Lash-fixing|Brow grooming….
- Target Clients: Brides, Models & Celebrities
- Location of Business: Ikorodu and Mobile
LET’S DIG DEEPER
- Strengths: My strengths lie in the ability to be creative and distinct when making a client up. I combine the passion for what I do with the desire to see my clients satisfied with my work.
- What are the Initial Challenges you faced: When I started out professionally as a makeup artiste, I would say I lacked the essential makeup kit needed to become a professional in the industry. This wasn’t a situation peculiar to Abimbola anyway – almost every budding entrepreneur had the challenge of fund at one stage or the other. So, for me, lack of funds to buy essential makeup kit was so real
- What is that thing you wish you did differently? Absolutely, nothing. I have never had to think of it.
- Who is your Main Inspiration: I was so privilege to be mentored by Similoluwa of Glam-touch. She taught me what professional makeup is about; and till now, I am enjoying its dividends.
- What makes you different from your Competitors? Hummm…For me, I think the way I curve my brows is so unique and makes my job stand out.
- Would your Business still be around in 5years?? Wow Us! That’s a big YES! My goal for GlossyLook is for the long term; and by God’s grace, we shall get there.
What does it take to start a Business like yours?? Becoming a professional makeup artiste goes beyond just having an interest; or perhaps because you are lady and you think you have come a long way applying makeup on your face. From experience, two qualities are necessary: passion and a good training.
- In what ways have you given back to the Society?? I have tried in my own little corner to keep encouraging young people to be entrepreneurially-minded and horn whatever skill or talent they possess.
- Favorite Quote: “What is worth doing at all, is worth doing well”
MESSAGE TO ENTREPRENEURS
- What would you like to tell the person who is scared for one reason or the other to start a Business?? There are a bundle of qualities that the would-be entrepreneur must have. Determination and being focused are my favorite. You can’t aspire for the top without these.
- What’s your Message to other Entrepreneurs: Well, my message to all other entrepreneurs is that they should keep doing what they do well and stay on top of their game
- Message to would-be Entrepreneurs: Go in the way of your passion.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: Abimbola Ibiwunmi Bello
“Life is about the decisions we make to live passionately or passively. We strongly believe when you’re passionate about something, you will put in all your best. Our Nigerian Entrepreneur of the Day- Abimbola Ibiwunmi Bello of Glossy has definately shown us that.