Like we all know, there is now a Policy for a Cashless Society and it was implemented on Sunday January 01 2012 in Lagos State. It is meant to gradually move the nation away from a cash-based economy to electronic payment system in line with what obtains in developed economies of the world.
At Spread Media, we tried to get ourselves up to speed and we tested the eTranzact Pocket Moni service and we were truly amazed.
Here, we’ll try to explain what Mobile Money service is about and then we’ll guide you through the steps to activate the Mobile Money Service in this case eTranzact Pocket Moni.
The good thing about The Mobile Money Service is that it works across all GSM networks and this extends your phone into a highly interactive feature-rich payment device. It’s simply amazing. Imagine your Mobile Phone been able to perform Banking Functions with just a click.
You might be wondering why Spread Media chose eTranzact Pocket Moni as its Mobile Money Service provider this is due to the fact that since inception, eTranzact has been the forerunner of mobile transaction services and has partnered with commercial banks to ensure the smooth running of Mobile Money Operation.
eTranzact Pocket Moni has various options such as:
- Cash Withdrawal
- Cash Deposit
- Purchase Airtime Recharge Cards (Pin and Pinless)
- Funds Transfer (to bank accounts, cards and mobile phones)
- Bills Payment (for Cable TVs, PHCN, School Fees, Health Schemes, etc)
Now looking at the above options (which you can do directly from your mobile phone through the eTranzact Pocket Moni Application), you might not be visiting the Bank in a long while.
It truly works, we’ve tried it and that’s why we are sharing this valid and very useful information.
As a Business owner, you might be thinking, what are the benefits for me? Here they are:
BENEFITS OF MOBILE MONEY SERVICES TO BUSINESS OWNERS
As a Business owner who makes use of the eTranzact Pocket Moni service, the benefits are endless:
- Ability for you to receive payments from clients more quickly.
- It provides a faster, safer, traceable and long distance way to pay people (and it doesn’t require change)
- You can pay for supplies/ services purchased straight from your phone.
- You can send, withdraw and save money all from your mobile phone.
Need I say more??
Picture this: As a Business owner who uses eTranzact Pocket Moni,:
- You can pay for services through your phone.
- You can send airtime to your staff to get things done.
- You can also send your staff’s salary to their account straight from your mobile phone.
- You can use it as a means to save money.
- You can also receive payments from your clients on your mobile phone.
Let’s get started:
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE eTranzact PocketMoni Service.
Simple Steps to take:
Send an SMS: Reg Firstname Lastname (Code) to 20220 (For Mtn ,Airtel and Etisalat) OR (31030 For Glo)
Example: Reg John Emeka 000138
NOTE: Always include the 000138 code in the SMS before you send to the Mobile Operator Shortcode.
After sending the SMS, you will receive a confirmation SMS saying ‘A PocketMoni account has been created for you’ and this SMS will also include your PIN and Reference Code
How to download the PocketMoni Java Application
Users can download the application to the Java-enabled phones in one of the following ways:
- Via Bluetooth File Transfer from PC to Phone
- By downloading from the URL: mobile.etranzact.com/PocketMoni.jar OR http://mobile.etranzact.com/PocketMoni.jad
- Upon download, user should complete setup by providing the Mobile No and Pin obtained from initial registration.
- User can also redo the set-up by using the ‘change-setup’ option (under ‘utilities’ under the ‘Services’ menu.
Don’t forget: Mobile Operator Short Codes
(MTN, AIRTEL, ETISALAT- 20220) (GLO– 31030)
Funding Your PocketMoni Account
Your PocketMoni account can be funded in 4 ways:
- Cash deposit (Cash-in) at an agent location
- Cash deposit at a Partner Bank via PayOutlet
- Transfer from an eTanzact debit or prepaid card which has been added to the PocketMoni service by the cardholder.
- Transfer from another PocketMoni user.
Services Available to PocketMoni Users
i. Buy Airtime
ii. Send Money To
- PocketMoni user
- eTranzact card
- Any Mobile Phone user
- Bank Account
iii. Withdraw cash
- At agent location
- At Partner Bank ATM via Cardlex cash
iv. Pay Bills
- Pay Cable TV subscription (e.g Dstv, Hitv, MyTV)
- Pay Utilities, Fees, Levies and Taxes
- Pay Merchants (e.g Supermarkets, Restaurants, Petrol Filling Stations)
i. Change PIN
ii. Check Balance
iii. View Last 5 Transactions
iv. Add/Delete eTranzact Debit/prepaid Card
v. Change Set-up
You can contact us for more info: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Call: 08023117715
Feel free to share this post on how to be a part of the Cashless Society.
Don’t miss any of our updates-Like our Facebook Page Today: www.facebook.com/spreadmediang