Supporting Nigerian Businesses both Big and Small is really what we are passionate about here On The Spread Media Business Blog. Like we always do on The Nigerian Entrepreneur of the Day feature, we celebrate Entreprising Nigerians who have made the move to start and grow Businesses and take charge of their world.
Our Entrepreneur today is a young lady who is going to Inspire and make you really wonder what’s stopping you from starting your own Business. Are you ready?
Meet our Nigerian Entrepreneur of the Day: Lucy Adi of Lavvida Global Services
Tell us! What’s your Story??
I am a multi-passionate entrepreneur and a telecom engineer. I am an optimistic and driven person who is always buzzing with ideas. I love learning new things and I am a D.I.Y. lady. Despite being a 9-5er, I’ve always had an entrepreneurial drive and since I have quite a number of interests/talents, I was motivated to turn my creative passion into profit.
I launched my brand, Lavvida in 2013. It is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (C.A.C.) as Lavvida Global Services. I started out on a small scale and got an amazing positive reception from clients which made me more confident to take a step further.
- Full Names: Lucy Adi
- Date of Birth: August 3rd
- Education: Engineering
- Hobbies: Reading and travelling
- Name of Business: Lavvida Global Services
- Main Services of Business: Fashion Accessories: We design trendy print-inspired accessories and beaded jewelry. We also conduct workshops and training sessions on both bead making and ankara accessories. Event Services: We engage in vendor sourcing and management. We also design wedding websites for couples who love to elegantly share their wedding story online. And lastly, we bake lovely cakes for various kinds of events.
- Target Clients: Our target clients for our fashion accessory designs are people who appreciate and value African fashion. For our event services, we aim more towards weddings, therefore our target clients are brides and grooms-to-be.
- Location of Business: We are based in Abuja, but offer global services.
LET’S DIG DEEPER
- What are your Business Strengths: Innovativeness and Enthusiasm.
- What are the Initial Challenges you faced when you started your Business? Started out on a small scale with the resources at hand and had to gradually grow from there.
- What is that thing you wish you did differently? Nothing really, I believe all the experiences helped me grow.
- Who is your Main Inspiration: Business/Personal? Every successful entrepreneur out there is an inspiration.
- What makes you different from your Competitors? Lavvida offers unique services and we are very keen about client satisfaction.
- Would your Business still be around in 5years?? Why do you think so? Lavvida is getting bigger and better. It’s barely been a year since we started and it has been an awesomely productive year. We are not planning on quitting, we are here to stay.
- What does it take to start a Business like yours?? A decision to start.
- How has your Business made you a better person? I am a better time manager and also more ambitious. I have also been forced to learn the art of chain-multitasking.
- In what ways have you given back to the Society?? I founded an initiative called Help-a-Child (H.A.C) dedicated to supporting and empowering less privileged children to help them reach their full potential and I am currently supporting the Medicaid Cancer Foundation to create awareness and raise funds for needy cancer patients.
- Do you currently have Expansion Plans? Can you share with us? Yes, we plan to expand. Although we currently ship internationally, we are working on getting international distributors/stockists.
- Favorite Quote you live by: “Where there’s a will, there’s a way”
MESSAGE TO ENTREPRENEURS
- What would you like to tell the person who is scared for one reason or the other to start a Business?? Make that decision. If you are truly passionate about it, go for it. Don’t procrastinate, start now, plan ahead and work hard.
- Message to other Entrepreneurs: You all are doing an impressive job in creating businesses that offer valuable services in various fields. I wish you all the best. Always remember, consistency is the key to success.
- Message to would-be Entrepreneurs: “If you have a talent, use it in every which way possible. Don’t hoard it. Don’t dole it out like a miser. Spend it lavishly like a millionaire intent on going broke” – Brendan Francis.
- Your Word for Spread Media: Spread Media is doing a really great job in empowering entrepreneurs. Keep up the good work.
Twitter/ Instagram: @lavvidaonline
Like Dave Thomas said “What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone. Know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed.” We are really inspired by Lucy and we hope you are too. Thanks for reading. Feel free to share your thoughts using the comment box.
Like we always say, feel free to share this post, someone you know needs it.
Don’t forget to like our Facebook Page www.facebook.com/spreadmediang and on Twitter:@spreadmediang so you don’t miss our updates and free giveaways.