Let’s Meet Our Nigerian Entrepreneur of The Week:
Name: Deborah Oluwasolape Adeboyejo
Name Of Company: ElleVienne Streams
What is Your Story: I am a resilient young lady, with a head for business and a heart for the world. Entrepreneurship didn’t just happen to me, it grew over time, since secondary school days as the Sales Manager, Junior Achievement of Nigeria, I.S.L Chapter up until College days as Team Leader, Students In Free Enterprise (SIFE) now ENACTUS. For me, assessing needs in my nation and Africa at large has become a way of life not necessarily a means of survival.
However, some factors have further cushioned my resolve for entrepreneurship or business as the case may be: The need for a self-sustainable and truly developing economy through the establishment of more viable structures (Medium scale enterprises) to mop up the long chain of unemployment. The uneven number of women as heads of corporates and business empires in Africa; hence bridging the gap. My love for the Agricultural Sector (food production) which birthed “ElleVienne Cakes” – a fast growing Cakery in Lagos, Nigeria
- Full Names: Deborah Oluwasolape Adeboyejo
- Date of Birth: May 7
- Education: BSc(Hons)Economics, Babcock University
- Hobbies: I enjoy planning, baking, sketching creative patterns, travelling and engaging in intellectual discourse. I also write poems.
- Name Of Business: ElleVienne Cakes
- Main Service of Business: Cake Production. We make all sort of cakes from Celebration Cakes (wedding, birthday, graduation) to Bespoke and Novelty Cakes.
- Target Client: There is a quality cake for every individual. Our celebration cakes are very affordable. Our Bespoke and Novelty Cakes have great details and embellishment going on them, which makes them come out classy, though quite on the high side yet affordable by the working class. For us, we give every individual equal attention and we work with your budget.
LET’S DIG DEEPER
- What are your Business Strengths: Our cakes are Affordable, Available with varied flavors. Deliveries cut across Lagos and Ogun state for now. We do express deliveries and our customer relationship management is topnotch. No repetitive designs as much as possible except on request by the client.
- What are the initial challenges you faced when you started your business: Having to shuttle between lagos where the business is located and Osun state where I was posted to serve as a National Youth Service Corps member. Handling all aspects of the business as I was the shopper, baker, decorator, creative director, customer relations personnel, social media person, delivery lady, cleaner, financier and accountant. It was a herculean task that framed me – I can take on any business related task, you just bring it on! For me, there is no Impossibility, I will walk the length, dig the depth and extend my reach with my values intact to get the task accomplished.
- What is that thing you wish you did differently: Hmmm, this has got me thinking. But, I will say, probably if I had taken structure more expedient initially, then some mistakes would have been avoided.
- Who is your main inspiration: Business/ Personal? Ibukun Awosika, Jumoke Adenowo, Oprah Winfrey, the South African Business Magnates, Founders of WIPHOLD – Louisa Mojela, Gloria Serobe and Wendy Luhabe and of course Joyce Meyer. Different aspects of their lives inspire me not to settle with the present status quo but to forge ahead.
- Will your business still be around in five years? Why do you think so? We are not growing just a business, we are building a Brand. The Most Preferred Brand! We are customer-centric, people and service oriented yet maximizing profit, ready to harness reliable partnership. So far people eat and party, we will be in business. With the foregone statements practically in place, I am confident that we won’t just be ‘around’ in the next five years, but we will be a relevant corporate Haven meeting consumer needs and expanding across frontiers.
- What does it take to start a business like yours? A smile and good market strategy….lool. Well seriously, you need to be skilled in the Art, constantly improving yourself, purchase basic equipment, understand the ‘business of the business’ and of course excellent marketing strategy – it’s not a virgin market, so you need to create your own niche.
- Favorite quote you live by: “My life is a City, with strong foundation, whose builder and maker is God Almighty”. God of my amazingly-beautiful journey.
MESSAGE TO ENTREPRENEURS
- What will you tell someone who is scared to start a business? The number of failures recorded while trying, is equivalent to the number of routes you are certain won’t lead you to dream land. So it is better to Fail forward than remain redundant. Life is too short, not to LIVE your DREAMS. Don’t let life happen to you. Just do it!
- Message to would be Entrepreneurs: Entrepreneurship is more of delayed gratification, so don’t be swayed by the tide. Stay resilient, persistent and dogged, constantly improving yourself, believe in You and most importantly believe in God. Surround yourself with the right network of people and learn how to maximize their help wisely. Integrity is non-negotiable, neither is the quality of the product you produce. My mentor –Jimi Tewe says”No matter how high you climb, always remain approachable”.
- Your word for Spread Media: You are touching lives and helping individuals navigate successfully through life. It is encouraging and commendable. THANK YOU FOR THE RECOGNITION. I definitely enjoyed sharing!
Got an inspiring entrepreneur you’ll like us to feature? Do let us know know by sending a message to email@example.com