Welcome to another exciting time on The Business Resources and Tools Section of The Spread Media Business Blog where we share with you details on great, smart and highly up-to-date information on tools and Resources that will help your Business.
Negotiation is one skill everyone needs in order to get more of what they want — to sell more, to keep costs down, to manage better, to strengthen relationships — to win! Our Business Book of The Week shows you exactly how the best negotiators reach long-lasting positive solutions that build profits, performance, and relationships.
Our Business Book of the Week is Negotiate to Win -The 21 Rules for Successful Negotiating by Jim Thomas
It’s a book that gets to the heart of one of the most vital of all skills: Negotiating! Negotiating is one skill everyone needs to get more of what they want—to sell more, to keep costs down, to manage better, to strengthen relationships—TO WIN! Whether or not you realize it, you’re a negotiator, and to hone those skills NEGOTIATE TO WIN is for you
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Jim Thomas is a Washington, D.C. attorney, author, speaker, trainer, and one of the most acclaimed and respected negotiators in the United States. Mr. Thomas has specialized in negotiation for most of his 35-year law practice. His negotiating experience encompasses mergers and acquisitions, domestic and international business transactions, arms control, the environment, trade and diplomacy, labor relations, and a host of other fields. His clients include most of the Fortune 500, as well as non-profit groups, professional and trade associations, and federal, state, and local government agencies.
Mr. Thomas is the author of the Negotiate to Win® Workshop series, which since its debut 20 years ago has become one of the leading negotiation training programs in the world.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Negotiate to Win -The 21 Rules for Successful Negotiating covers all you’ll ever need to know about negotiating, including:
- The 21 rules of successful negotiating — and how to defend against them!
- “Quickies” — specific tips on how to successfully negotiate with bosses, children, car dealers, contractors, auto mechanics, and many others
- Why Americans are among the worst negotiators on Earth
- How to overcome your natural reluctance to bargain
- Why win-win negotiating is so vital
- How to thoroughly prepare for your negotiations
- How to deal with counterparts who intimidate or harass you
- How to negotiate ethically — and deal with those who don’t
- How to negotiate more successfully across cultural lines
- Thomas’s Truisms — 50 memorable negotiating maxims
- The psychology of negotiating, historical illustrations, day-to-day applications, and much, much more!
Negotiation is not a policy. It’s a technique. It’s something you use when it’s to your advantage, and something that you don’t use when it’s not to your advantage – John Bolton
Why not get a copy of our Business Blog of the Week to learn new skills on how to Negotiate Business Deals better.
Negotiate to Win -The 21 Rules for Successful Negotiating by Jim Thomas is available on Konga.com
Like we always say, feel free to share this post, someone you know needs it.
Don’t forget to like our Facebook Page www.facebook.com/spreadmediang and on Twitter:@spreadmediang so you don’t miss our updates and free giveaways.